A stylish restaurant, which was opened in 1922 with its interior designed by Ernst Kühnert, operated in the Basement Hall before the Second World War. The Basement Hall of the House of Blackheads acquired its current spatial form in 1419–1422 when the vaulting of the hall corpus of the upper storey took place. The Basement Hall’s extraordinarily thick foursquare buttresses date from precisely this time. The walls were originally covered with dark wood panelling. Billiard and card tables were also located in the room. The Basement Hall acquired a new countenance in the autumn of 2011 – a fresher appearance and club-style furnishing. This room is cosy and suitable for holding more spirited social events that do not require a very festive and classical interior. The basement floor has a separate entrance from Pühavaimu Street. Guests enter the house through a medieval passage and the inner courtyard, which enhances the building’s historical atmosphere.
With club-style layout: 95 seats
Buffet capacity: 80 seats
Fourchette capacity: 105 people